Read this article. I dare you to not utter the phrase “those ungrateful little shits”.
Nobody is ever guaranteed perfect parents and I hardly view the fact that the mother didn’t send the kid a check in a birthday card as “bad mothering”. Shouldn’t they be grateful that they got a card at all?
I am just happy that the case was dismissed or I might be looking at a future lawsuit by my kids for any of the following examples of “bad mothering”:
- being angry that my daughter had an engagement ring when she wasn’t supposed to be dating the guy in the first place
- strongly encouraging my son to get a job
- not giving my son money to go places with his friends when he refuses to get a job
- grounding the kidlets for getting bad grades
- grounding the kidlets for lying
- grounding the kidlets for stealing
- grounding the kids just for the hell of it (ok – they might have a valid point on that one)
- forcing them to eat vegetables
- forcing them to pretend that they have manners
- forcing them to have chores
- forcing them to drink water at dinner instead of Kool-Aid or soda
- emotional distress from yelling at them when they can’t seem to close a cabinet door, turn off a ceiling fan, turn off a hall light, not throw wet towels in the floor, or can’t remember to do chores
So, my fellow bad mothers, what could your kids sue you for?