We all want more meaningful, authentic relationships, but sometimes our own actions and attitudes ruin them. At some point, you may have asked yourself, ” Am I sabotaging my relationship ?” Answer these questions about your relationships. It’s not a comfortable feeling, but it might help you realize that YOU could be the problem. If so, what can you do to change it?
Be honest and ask yourself.
- Do I find fault in people or things they do just so I can feel better about myself?
- Do I create drama with people, because I’m used to my life being constant stress and chaos?
- Do I always put myself first and not care about other people’s opinions, wants, or needs?
- Do I expect other people to be honest with me? Am I receptive when they are?
- Do I keep information from people or flat out lie to them?
- Do I talk about people and then get upset when it gets back to them, like I’m the victim in the whole situation?
- Do I use people so I can have some sort of short term gain even though I know it’s ruining a long term relationship?
These aren’t easy questions to ask yourself, but if you are really struggling with your relationships or want to have deeper relationships with people, they have to be asked.
Follow me on Twitter … Now! @slappyintheface
If you are new to this funky place Start Here