I turned 45 this week and I celebrated by using a $5 coupon at Taco Bueno, drinking a Mich Ultra Lime Cactus beer and catching up on episodes of House Hunters and House Hunters International.
I’m such a party animal.
With age comes wisdom and I’ve become really wise about a lot of things.
I don’t ever use the phrase IDGAF, because it kind of upsets me to be around people who don’t seem to care about anything or anyone, but I have learned to care about the things that are really important.
… and I’m important.
So this year I am gifting the following things to myself:
- Forgiveness – I can’t change the past, but I can work on making the future better
- Laughter – because life can be funny
- Health – one of my mantras has become “eat better … feel better”
- Freedom from Debt – it’s such a good feeling to pay stuff off
- Fresh Air – at least a few minutes of it every single day
- Better Relationships – because it’s worth it to talk (REALLY talk) to people
- Freedom from Other Opinions – my opinion and the opinions of people who really love me and really know me are the ones that matter
Here’s to a good year (raising my beer mug).
Click the buttons below to share this post on social media
Follow me on Twitter … Now! @slappyintheface
If you are new to this funky place Start Here